Get a new loan that's as sweet as your home
Reduce your monthly payments and pay less interest.
Switch to a fixed-rate or adjustable-rate mortgage, or consider our Advantage Mortgage.
Our Home Loan Consultants can help you decide which option might work best for you.
Fresh paint, new roof, updated kitchen - there are countless ways to keep our homes in tip-top shape. It's a good idea to pay the same type of attention to your home loan. We offer a range of refinancing options that can save you money or eliminate debt faster.
- Fixed-rate loans of 15, 20, or 30 years offer stable monthly payments
- Adjustable-rate loans offer reduced interest rates for an initial time period
- Our Advantage Mortgage can help you spring to the finish line with shorter-term loans of 8 or 12 years
- FHA & VA Loan options with great fixed rates and low closing costs
- You may be able to reduce your overall interest charges if you switch to a loan with a lower rate
- You may be able to reduce your monthly payment with a lower rate loan or by extending your repayment period
- Shorter term loans can eliminate debt faster, freeing up your money for other things
Sikorsky Credit Union has been named the #1 Credit Union in CT for the past four years and offers membership to those living, working, volunteering or worshiping in Fairfield, New Haven & Hartford counties.
Rates as low as
Rates as low as
Rates as low as
Frequently Asked Questions
A lender will look at your credit and work history, income, and assets to determine the maximum purchase price/loan amount you are qualified for based on current market interest rates. Once you get pre-approved, you’ll receive a letter stating how much you are qualified for (based on the information you provided).
It is important to remember that the amount you are qualified for can change if your circumstances change or if interest rates change. A mortgage pre-approval is very helpful when establishing your budget, and it makes you more attractive to sellers. If you are searching for new home, it makes sense to get pre-approved and provide your Real Estate Agent with your pre-approval letter so they can start showing you homes.
The mortgage pre-approval process is a much more thorough review of your finances. Your loan officer will pull and review your credit and complete a comprehensive review of your work history, income documentation (W-2’s, tax returns), and available assets (bank and investments statements). Getting pre-approved will help you make an offer with confidence knowing the lender has most of the information needed to make a loan decision that is not associated with the property (i.e., appraisal, title search, homeowner association rules).
Getting pre-approved at Sikorsky Credit Union is quick and easy! Some of the documents you will want to get ready include:
- Personal identification
- Most recent month of pay stubs
- Last two months of bank and asset statements (all pages)
- W-2's from the last two years
Once you have everything you need, you can contact a Home Loan Consultant directly to schedule a face-to-face appointment at one of our branch offices. Or, if you prefer, you can apply online and someone will be in touch. Our Home Loan Consultants live and work in the communities we serve and offer personalized service tailored to your individual needs. They will be with you from start to finish to answer any questions you may have and guide you along the way. Once you are pre-approved, you will receive your letter and you can let your home buying journey begin.