What is a checking account and why do you need one?
Checking account – a checking account holds your money until you are ready to spend it. You can access your money by visiting a local branch or by using a debit card to pay for purchases at the store or online. A debit card will also give you access to your money at an ATM.
Why do you need a checking account?
- It keeps your money safe
- Automatically tracks your spending
- Helps you to pay bills easily
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Debit card gives easy access to your money
- Helps you build financial confidence
While banking isn’t a fun topic for teenagers, it’s important to start building a relationship with a financial institution. Find a checking account that free of fees and offers mobile banking which gives you access to your account right from your mobile device.