- Get your oil, filter and fluid changed – This is an easy one. Routine maintenance items are key especially before winter.
- Check your car battery – Battery decreases as the temperature drops so it’s important to make sure yours is in good shape.
- Check your breaks – Winter conditions require a lot of your breaks. If your breaks have seen better days you may want to think about replacing them before winter hits.
- Switch to winter tires and check your pressure – If you have winter tires, the late fall is a great time to switch. Either way, make sure your tire pressure is optimal. The cold weather could mean more or less pressure.
- Pack a winter kit – You never know if you could get stranded. In your car you should have a shovel, flashlight, water and non-perishable snacks.
If your car has seen better days and you are thinking of a new vehicle, consider Sikorsky Credit Union for your next auto loan. Choose from a Conventional Auto Loan
or our Advantage Auto Loan.
We have great rates and our quick approvals will get you on the road fast. Learn more.
Fall may have just begun, but that just means winter is right around the corner. With the cold weather upon us, it’s important to make sure your vehicle is in tip top shape so you don’t get stuck out in the cold. Taking care of your car now can also save you on costly repairs down the road. So, how can you prepare now?